Monday, June 16, 2014

Live Ops Review

LiveOps

For those of you that read my About Nikki page (no hard feelings if you didn’t…lol) you may remember that I stated I learned about a company from a friend of my husband’s.  Well this is the company LiveOps. I serviced for them in 2008 and then again in 2010.  This company is a great starting place for those that are new to working from home and new to call center type work and just need to gain a little experience.

Who is LiveOps? 

Liveops started about 10 years ago and their main focus is providing assistance with infomercials.  They have expanded and you are now able to partner with a roadside assistance company, auto clubs, pizza order taking, insurance and a seasonal program which is flowers.

How Do I Start?

Go to LiveOps.com and create an account.  Once created you will be prompted to do 3 things, validate your email, complete your application and then do the standard voice audition. The application is pretty straight forward you put in your information and answer a few questions then it is off to the voice audition.  Don’t worry it is painless…lol…you call a number and read a script that they give you, that’s it.  After both of these are complete you would wait for further instructions.  If it is still the same as when I went through it once your application is accepted you would pay for your background check which was then $50 and go off to your initial training.

How Do I Get Paid?

Pay at LiveOps was ok you receive $.25/minute talk time and usually the calls were pretty steady.  So if you talked for a full hour you could make $15/hour.  Pay is direct deposited into your bank account on the 1st and 15th of every month.

What Are The Pros?

The best Pro about LiveOps is you pick your own schedule.  You set up yourself to work in 30 minute increments from a schedule that comes out once a week.
The community within was very warm and friendly, you have two chat rooms one for chit chat and then another for when you need help with a customer and then you have forums with different topics for even more help.
Room to move up.  You do have the opportunity to move up to a Chat Performance Facilitator and there was (don’t know if they still have it) but you can get put on the list to transcribe calls.
There is a help environment within the portal that you can turn to to review the scripts for every product that you may take a call for while servicing LiveOps.  This is nice for you can go back and review.

What Are The Cons?

Scripts, this is a personal preference I am more of a free flow kinda person so I don’t like scripts to much and the infomercial products some are quite long.
Upsells, are those things at either the end or during the call where they are trying to double your order or add things on.  I understand the point of them to build revenue for a business selling a product but I just had a really hard time presenting them.
Training,  I have mixed emotions about the training so I am going to put it in the con, the training is all self paced done through computer modules which is nice compared to other training I have been through.  You don’t have to wait on others in a live classroom setting so those that learn faster can just keep it moving.  However if you have questions the only place you can really go is the chat room.

Final Thoughts?

Overall I enjoyed working for LiveOps.  Although I no longer service for them it was a great opportunity and a great place to get my feet wet in this whole work from home virtual call center game.  I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to start or even those that are not new.

No comments:

Post a Comment