Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Transcribe Me



TranscribeMe  

TranscribeMe is a great starter place for anybody who is wanting to get their foot in the door and gain some experience transcribing.  This was my first transcription job that I took and that accepted me with no training and no experience…lol.

About TranscribeMe

TranscribeMe agents transcribe various audio files for interviews, lectures and medical.  The best thing about this company was that I didn’t have to break out the foot pedal hiding way back in my closet from my short stint in medical transcription school.  No fancy software I had to figure out either.  This opportunity is available in all parts of the world.
The one thing that caught me was they ask you to sign into a community where you are able to ask questions and get updates and just chit chat.  Everybody who is a part of TranscribeMe is in the community and it gives it a much warmer feeling because you have people that are helping you succeed from all over the world.

Compensation  

The compensation is on the lower end of the scale. $.33/minute of audio file or the way TranscribeMe says it $20/audio minute.  Remember an audio minute is not the same as a real minute.  It could take you 5 minutes to transcribe 1 audio file.  You get paid for that 1 minute of file NOT the 5 it took you to type it.  Make sense?
What they have done is broken up large audio files that maybe in reality 30 – 40 minutes long and broken them up into 1 minute files and spreading the love around so everybody gets a piece.
They recently changed their payment schedule from every month to now whenever you want to withdraw.  I have found on my first payout with the new schedule that the withdrawal button will only highlight if you have a minimum of a $1.  Payment is made through PayPal.

How To Apply

To apply go to TranscribeMe   and register.  From there you will take the Transcriber 101 Exam, you find out immediately if you pass or not.  Get connected to their online community and start transcribing! Easy peasy!

Final Thoughts

 TranscribeMe is a great starting place or even if you have experience still a great place for it is not so rigid and time sensitive as some other companies.  The files are relatively easy for beginners, there is plenty of work, 9 times out of 10 when I log in there is work available.  I get help when I am stuck and there is room for advancement to become a QA.  The best part they are 100% with the payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment